Friday, May 13, 2011

Preparing for a woodworking class/Building a tool chest?

I am signed up for a one day Dovetailing/Mortice and Tenon class at The Woodwright's School on May 28th. I've been very much looking forward to this since I signed up 4 or 5 months ago. I think just getting to spend the day with Roy is worth the price of admission all by itself, let alone actually having him show you his methods.
With this class in mind, I thought that it would be nice to have a portable (ish) tool chest to take some of my tools that would be relevant to the class along with me to North Carolina. So, in about a two week time frame, I'm going to attempt to build a tool chest. I actually started on it a few nights ago and so far, just have gotten the panels glued up for the front, back, sides, and bottom, and have cut to size and squared up the front, back and side panels. Going to start dovetailing the carcass today. All this is being done with no machinery, just meat power. I'm REALLY trying to get rid of those tailed beast. I'll update and post pictures when I get something worth showing. Looks like the size is going to be 26" long x 16" wide x 14" tall. Larger than I'd originally planned. Hopefully this won't be too big to carry. We'll see. More to come soon.

No comments: