Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Tool



Received a new (old, but new to me) tool in the mail today from Hertfordshire, England. It's a Marples inch and a quarter tapered reamer that I won on eBay. I was very pleased with the quality of this tool. Nice tight handle with no cracks and really nice steel.Seems pretty sharp too. I hope to put it to use soon in reaming the seat board holes to accept the legs of a shave horse I've been wanting to build. It'll also come in handy if I ever get the chance to tackle Windsor Chairs.

3 comments:

gowshika said...

Hi. Greetings. This post is really good and blog is really interesting. It gives good details.


Hand Tools

Jamie Bacon said...

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to find some shop time soon and post some more projects.

Jamie

Lawn Care Concord said...

Thank you ffor writing this